first_imgCharm – who was tailing his husband –said she caught the two living together in a boardinghouse on Friday. She then calledthe police for assistance. The wife, 27-year-old Charm Nazareno, saidshe is determined to sue her husband Patrolman Glen Nazareno and 22-year-oldRhesa Funtecha of Barangay Switch, Tapaz, Capiz. Nazareno and Funtecha were detained inthe lockup cell of Police Station 1. Nazareno, who was assigned in the PoliceRegional Office 6, faces charges for concubinage and violation of Republic Act 9262, or the Violence Against Women and Children Act of2004./PN ILOILO City – Authorities arrested a policeofficer and his suspected mistress after they were traced by the former’s wifein their alleged love nest in Barangay Veterans Village. last_img

first_imgABS-CBN president and CEO Carlo Katigbak on Monday apologized to President Rodrigo Duterte over a 2016 election advertisement that showed the latter cursing and several children asking if his actions were right. ABS-CBN NEWS/PCOO ABS-CBN President and CEO Carlo Katigbaksaid during a Senate panel inquiry the network has failed to air about P7-millionin local ads ordered by then presidential candidate Duterte. “The critical move is in the House and Itell you, I am not going to interfere. Walatalaga ako,” he added. “Huwagna. Ibigay na lang nila sa any charitable institution of their choice,” theChief Executive said. House of Representatives Speaker AlanPeter Cayetano has said that the ABS-CBN franchise renewal bills are not urgentand may be taken up in May when Congress resumes session after the summerbreak./ PN “But fundamentally, really, ang decision nasa House ngayon, not somuch of the Senate because the Constitution says all of these things mustoriginate from the Lower House,” he said. He also said then that around P4 millionwas refunded and accepted by the Duterte camp, but that the network was“delayed” in giving back the remaining P2.6 million in ad money and the amount“was no longer accepted by the President.” Meanwhile, President Duterte said that,while he accepts the apology of Katigbak, the fate of the network’s franchisewould still depend on Congress. He previously threatened to block the renewalof ABS-CBN’s license to operate which expires in May. Katigbak explained that all of Duterte’snational political ads in the 2016 were aired but some of his local ads worthP7 million could not be accommodated due to a “first-come, first servedpolicy.” MANILA – ABS-CBN will be donating theP2.6-million refund that the network was supposed to pay to President RodrigoDuterte for unaired political advertisements during the 2016 elections. This after Duterte told the broadcastgiant on Wednesday to just give his refund to any charitable institutions.last_img read more

first_img“Wherefore…the undersigned InvestigatingProsecutor recommends the dismissal of the instant case there being no evidenceto support the charge,” read part of Alova’s Inquest Resolution dated March 2,2020. The cops suspected Jusa to be smokingmarijuana thus they arrested him and subsequently filed a complaint for violationof Section 11, Article II of Republic Act (RA) 9165 or the ComprehensiveDangerous Drugs Act of 2002. Jusa was subsequently released fromdetention at the Jaro police station. ILOILO City – The City Prosecutor’sOffice dismissed the illegal drug possession complaint that the police filed againsta 21-year-old resident of Barangay Anilao, Pavia, Iloilo. In Jusa’s case, the prosecutor pointedout, “probable cause not having been established, the respondent cannot be chargedfor illegal possession of illegal drugs.” According to Jusa’s family, they weremulling to countersue the police for illegal detention./PN The complaint was filed on Monday, March2, at around 2 p.m., Siacon said, and it was dismissed several hours after. “Na-dismiss ang case because wala sang marijuana residue nga nakuha sa aluminum foil that wasearlier seized from the suspect,” said Police Captain Eduardo Siacon, Jaro policestation chief. The police sent an official spot report aboutJusa’s Feb. 29 arrest to Panay Newson March 1 at around 12:08 p.m. The news about it came out the next day, March2. Siacon was referring to MikeJones Jusa whom members of the Iloilo City Mobile Force Company spottedsmoking on Feb. 29 in Barangay Tacas, Jaro district. In dismissing the complaint, theProsecutor II Valerie Parreño-Alova noted that Jusa’s drug test result wasnegative for the presence of dangerous drugs. In all prosecutions for violations of RA9165, according to Prosecutor Alova, “the corpusdelicti is the dangerous drug itself.” “Walana-substantiate sangpolice ang accusation,” Siacon admitted.last_img read more

first_img“Although Ceneo has its reasons for the increase yet the timing in doing the same is inappropriate considering that all of us are still under a crisis brought by the coronavirus pandemic,” Distrito said, citing complaints about the sudden increase of electricity bills on social media platforms. It also urged the Energy Regulatory Commission to look into this matter. Ceneco in a recent advisory announced the power rate increase by P0.53, or from P10.6608 to P11.1923 per kilo-watt hour (kWh). Distrito also pointed out that other power distributors – Northern Negros Electric Cooperative (Noneco) and Negros Occidental Electric Cooperative (Noceco) – announced much lower power rates than Ceneco.Noneco decreased its power rate from P10.7937 last April to P10.1698 per kWh this May or a lowering of P0.6240 while Noceco decreased from P9. 0565 last April to P8. 5426 this May that is P0.5139 lower.“Ceneco has to see it once again and give more weight to the fact that our constituents have carried so much burden while the pandemic is going on and instead of imposing additional load, they should have looked for ways to ease and give its member-consumers the humanitarian consideration that they deserve,” Distrito said./PN A resolution introduced by Councilor Simplicia Distrito, chairwoman of the city council’s committee on human resource and development, opposed Ceneco’s power hike.center_img “Most of us had just returned to work with very unstable income to spare for the increase in power rate,” she added. The resolution was approved during the council’s regular session yesterday. BACOLOD City – The city council is pushing back against Central Negros Electric Cooperative (Ceneco). The power distributor decided to hike electricity rates in the most recent billing period.last_img read more

first_imgCharges for violation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 will be filed against them./PN Poneles and Segovia were nabbed after they sold a sachet of suspected shabu to an undercover officer for P500 around 11:20 p.m. on July 8, it added. They were detained in the lockup facility of Police Station 2. BACOLOD City – Suspected shabu weighing about 15 grams valued at around P105,000 was seized in a buy-bust operation in Barangay 2. Residents Joemar Segovia and Jason Poneles – both 20 years of age – yielded the suspected illegal drugs, a police report showed.last_img

first_imgPflum disappeared from parents’ Connersville home on March 26, 1986. (Image: The Charley Project)Next month will mark 28 years since a Connersville woman was last seen or heard from.Denise Pflum was 18-years-old when she told her parents she was going to look for her purse she lost the night before at a party. She never came back home.That was March 28, 1986.Her vehicle was found later that day on a farm east of Glenwood, which is between Connersville and Rushville, but no sign of her.The Indianapolis Star reported on the cold case this week, and the current status of it.Rumors and tips have been brought up over the years, but state police say it hasn’t led to much. Theories such as her seeing something that she wasn’t supposed to, such as a drug deal, or something happening to her on her way back home have been pursued by investigators.Her mother remains certain that she did not run away, according to the Indianapolis Star. The Connersville High School senior had a bright future both academically and athletically.The most recent events in the case was her DNA being entered into the national database of missing persons. Indiana State Police Detective Scott Jarvis said it hasn’t uncovered any new leads.Similar to other cold cases, the longer that it remains open the more difficult it becomes to solve.Police have kept the case open and are accepting any information. Pflum is listed as 5’6, with brown hairs and brown eyes.  For those that have anything to lend to detectives contact police at (765) 778-2121.last_img read more

first_imgThe study’s release was timed for Monday’s White House Summit on Working Families. CREDIT: National Partnership for Women and Families.Indiana got a grade of ‘D-‘ in a new report analyzing how each state supports, or doesn’t support, new parents in terms of leave time and job protection.The report was released to coincide with Monday’s White House Summit on Working Families. Vicki Shabo is co-author of the study and vice president of the National Partnership for Women and Families.“We looked at laws in each of the fifty states,” explained Shabo, “around paid family leave, paid medical leave for pregnant women, unpaid leave that goes beyond what the federal Family and Medical Leave Act provides, pregnancy accommodation laws, and laws to help new mothers continue to express breast milk after they go back to work.”According to the report, Indiana has no laws that guarantee job protection or leave for new or expecting parents who work in the public or private sectors. But the state did receive points for laws supporting nursing mothers at work.Shabo admitted some discouraging grades were handed out nationwide.“The state with the highest grade is California, which received an A minus,” said Shabo. “But a striking 17 states receive an F. They do nothing at all, beyond what federal law provides to help expecting parents, and 31 states get a grade of D or F.”But Shabo said she finds reason for optimism in the report.“Since our last report,” she said, “we’ve seen a number of states take action to support new and expecting parents. So there is progress on the horizon.”The group’s previous report was released in 2012.Read the report Expecting Better: A State-by-State Analysis of Laws That Help New Parents, from the National Partnership for Women & Families.Mary Kuhlmanlast_img read more

first_imgDEARBORN COUNTY, Ind. – Authorities are searching for two men after a 53-year-old Brookville man was robbed when he stopped to help a stranded motorist.A bright red Chevrolet Impala was stopped along S.R. 1 on Dover Hill just north of Cook Road Tuesday morning between 6:30 and 6:45 a.m.A white male approximately six feet tall, medium build with a beard wearing jeans and a black jacket, was waving his arms as if he were in distress.The Good Samaritan, believing the person may have been involved in a crash or having car trouble stopped to render assistance.As the victim approached the stranded motorist, another man came from out of the weeds on the side of the road and struck the Brookville man over the head several times with an unidentified object until the victim fell to the ground.The culprits demanded money and the victim’s cell phone. Police say they broke the phone, gave it back to the victim, and fled with the cash.Detectives are reaching out to motorists who were traveling in the area between 6:30 and 7 a.m. Tuesday who may have seen an early 2000’s model red Impala.The victim told police he couldn’t get the license plate number, but the car had a “In God We Trust” plate.Both men are in their late 20’s to early 30’s.Police warn drivers to be cautious about getting out of their vehicle for stranded motorists, especially in remote areas.Detectives say if you see a motorist believed to be in distress contact 911 and give a description of the vehicle and what it was that made you feel they were in distress as well as a location.Allow time for police to respond.Anyone with information that could assist investigators is encouraged to contact the Indiana State Police at (812) 689-5000 or (800)-566-6704.Tips can remain anonymous.last_img read more

first_imgSHELBYVILLE, Ind. – An investigation is ongoing into the death of a Shelbyville Police officer.33-year-old David Hudnall was found dead with an apparent gunshot wound on Saturday afternoon.Indiana State Police have launched an investigation.Detectives do not believe foul play is involved, the Indianapolis Star reports.last_img

first_imgThe 7th grade Bulldogs played East Central and lost 28 – 8.Batesville scored its lone touchdown on a 64 yard pass from RJ Powell to Pros Moorman. Powell converted the 2 point conversion on a quarterback sneak. The defense was led by Jeremiah Lemmel, Kristian Hinners, Kody Hooten and Logan Adams.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Tony Gausman.last_img