Press Trust of India New DelhiFebruary 18, 2019UPDATED: February 18, 2019 23:05 IST Akila Dananjaya had been barred from bowling in international cricket after being assessed on November 23 (Reuters Photo)HIGHLIGHTSAkila Dananjaya’s remodelled bowling action was assessed in Chennai on February 2Dananjaya’s remodelled bowling action is within ICC’s 15-degree level of toleranceDananjaya was suspended from bowling after being reported during the 1st Test vs EnglandThe International Cricket Council (ICC) Monday cleared spinner Akila Dananjaya to resume bowling in international cricket following the Sri Lankan’s remedial work and a subsequent remodelling of suspect action.According to ICC, Dananjaya’s remodelled bowling action was assessed in Chennai on February 2.It was found that the amount of elbow extension for all his deliveries was within the 15-degree level of tolerance permitted under the ICC Illegal Bowling Regulations.”Match Officials are still at liberty to report Dananjaya if they believe he is displaying a suspect action and not reproducing the legal action from the assessment,” the ICC media release stated.To assist the match officials, they will be provided with images and video footage of the bowler’s remodeled legal bowling action.Dananjaya was suspended from bowling after being reported during the first Test against England in Galle from 6-10 November and subsequently underwent an independent assessment of his bowling action in Brisbane on November 23, following which he was barred from bowling in international cricket.Also Read | India should not play Pakistan in 2019 Cricket World Cup: Harbhajan SinghAlso Read | How Jhulan Goswami’s No.1 ranking inspired Smriti MandhanaFor sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byPTI Tags :Follow ICCFollow Sri LankaFollow Akila DananjayaFollow bowlingFollow International Cricket ICC allows Akila Dananjaya to resume bowling in International cricketSri Lankan Akila Dananjaya remodelled his bowling action and will now be allowed to bowl in International cricket after he was assessed in Chennai on February 2.advertisement
RBC, one of Canada’s largest employers in the financial services sector, has signed an incentive agreement with Nova Scotia Business Inc. to expand in Nova Scotia. It will open a new finance-shared services centre to support new digital image cheque processing operations and a number of finance and accounting services. RBC will create 150 new positions this year in cheque processing, accounts payable and fixed asset accounting. The recruitment program was launched today, March 11, and hiring will begin immediately. Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI) worked with RBC over the past year in choosing Nova Scotia for its new centre. “Nova Scotia Business Inc. is attracting financial services companies like RBC and the high-value jobs they create,” said Laurel Broten, president and CEO, NSBI. “This sector has demonstrated significant growth in Nova Scotia of 21 per cent between 2003 and 2013.” The agreement signed with RBC estimates the potential for up to 500 new jobs within 10 years. If RBC creates 500 new jobs in the next 10 years, the company would add an estimated $240 million in salaries and benefits to the Nova Scotia economy. The new employees would pay provincial personal income taxes of about $26 million. As a result, the company can earn up to a capped $22 million in payroll rebates through Nova Scotia Business Inc.’s Strategic Investment Funds. “Nova Scotia offers what we are looking for to support our new centre,” said Roger Howard, RBC regional president, Atlantic Provinces. “It provides a skilled workforce, supported by leading post-secondary institutions. It has the real estate, technology and infrastructure of a major Canadian urban centre that can support our future expansion. “We are proud to continue our growth in this region which has always been a critical market for us, dating back to when we began in Halifax in 1864 as the Merchant’s Bank.” RBC in Nova Scotia employs over 900 people who serve more than 410,000 clients, from 63 branches and an Atlantic headquarters. Last year, RBC donated more than $1.8 million to local charities in Nova Scotia and RBC employees volunteer extensively across the region in support of local communities. The bank continues to bring events to the region including the Nova Scotia Open/RBC Canada Cup. The new RBC centre will be located in Bedford. Information regarding career opportunities related to this initiative can be found at www.rbc.com/careers/ .
Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings. Bit of an IT issue going on at Bristol Airport pic.twitter.com/OI20D4CNrQ— Steve Rushen (@steverushen) September 16, 2018 Spokesman James Gore said: “We believe there was an online attempt to target part of our administrative systems and that required us to take a number of applications offline as a precautionary measure, including the one that provides our data for flight information screens.”That was done to contain the problem and avoid any further impact on more critical systems.”The indications are that this was a speculative attempt rather than a targeted attack on Bristol Airport.” Frustrated passengers took to social media to blast the airport’s “embarrassing service”. Bristol Airport has blamed a “speculative” cyber attack for causing flight information screens to fail for two days.A spokesman said the displays were taken offline early on Friday as a precautionary measure to contain the attack, which has been described as similar to “ransomware”, with holidaymakers having to read departure times off whiteboards scattered around the airport.Ransomware is a form of malware which hijacks computer systems, only returning control to the owner if a ransom is paid. The airport said no such “ransom” had been paid to return the systems to working order.Most of the screens are now back online, including in areas such as departures and arrivals, and no flights were affected during the attack. Mr Gore added that contingency measures and “manual processes”, such as whiteboards and marker pens, had to be used while the screens were offline. If everything else fails, there is always a man with a Hi-vis jacket and the trusty whiteboard! #emergencyplanning @BristolAirport 🤦🏻♂️ pic.twitter.com/lMIufv1DiH— Sammer Tang (@SammerTang) September 14, 2018 “At no point were any safety or security systems impacted or put at risk.”He said it had taken “longer than people might have expected” to rectify due to a “cautious approach”.”Given the number of safety and security critical systems operating at an airport, we wanted to make sure that the issue with the flight information application that experienced the problem was absolutely resolved before it was put back online.”