first_imgFlorida Governor Ron DeSantis says due to the impending landfall of Hurricane Dorian as a potential category 3 or 4 hurrican, Saturday’s college football game between Florida State and Boise State will be moved from Jacksonville to Tallahassee.The governor says he spoke with the FSU president John Thrasher earlier on Thursday about moving the game and he agreed.DeSantis said that at this point it’s too early to know exactly where the storm will make landfall. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis noted the Florida State-Boise State game may be moved from TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville to Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee and broadcast on ESPNU; an FSU source tells the Tallahassee newspaper the move is happening: https://t.co/2qpuGF8Gd9— RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) August 29, 2019 Still, they felt is was prudent to move the game from the Atlantic coast city further inland to the school’s home stadium.The game is scheduled to be played at 7:00 p.m. Saturday.Best estimates now have Dorian reaching Florida sometime Sunday.last_img read more

first_imgAdventist Development Relief Agency ADRA Network in collaboration with the Lathal diason Church has recently embarked on its Xmas and New Year distribution of assorted items to about six hundred Ebola survivors across Montserrado County.According to ADRA’s project Coordinator Madam Hester Curry, the ADRA Network Ebola Xmas and New Year project is intended to identify with and help Ebola survivors and others who were seriously affected by the outbreak of the deadly virus in the country.She said the Xmas and New Year project came about when the head of ADRA visited Liberia and saw the need to help Ebola survivors.Madam Curry asserted that the distribution is not the first involvement of ADRA since the outbreak of the virus and it will not be the last adding that ADRA remains committed to helping and providing assistance to Ebola survivors in the country.Madam Curry also disclosed that the distribution of the food and non-food items which included bags of 25kg rice, chloride, Cholrine, Mattresses by her institution is worth about US$110K (one hundred and ten thousand United States Dollars).The Chairperson of Ebola Survivors Association of Liberia, Patrick Farley extended thanks to ADRA Network and its partners for the gesture, but added that Ebola survivors are faced with several other challenges including discrimination and stigmatization.He also appealed to ADRA Network and its partners and other local and international organizations to provide medicines for Ebola survivors noting that “we need more medicines because most Ebola survivors leave the Ebola Treatment Units (ETUs) with different kinds of sicknesses.”ADRA’s Country Director Mr. Anthony Zaizay promised to continue working with Ebola survivors in the country as part of his institution’s Corporate Social Responsibility, stressing that the fight against the virus is one that needs the collective effort of everyone.Mr. Zaizay described survivors of the deadly Ebola virus as heroes noting that they were not careless with their lives. He encouraged Liberians to report themselves to the health center whenever they experience any signs of the virus.The ADRA Country Director also assured that his institution will give first preference to Ebola survivors in terms of employment in order to make them feel accepted and he then encouraged survivors to take advantage of any vacancy at ADRA Liberia noting that vacancies are frequently announced at ADRA Liberia.“If we have vacancy at ADRA and we received applications from survivors and others with the same qualification, we will choose the survivor for the job”. Mr. Zaizay declared. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

first_imgKellys American Roadside Diner Mountain Top, Letterkenny are running one of their biggest competitions ever this week.The popular diner has teamed up with Functional Foods, one of their main local suppliers, to give customers the chance to win a massive hamper valued at €200.The competition is running on the Kelly’s American Roadside Diner Facebook Page this week and the lucky winner will be revealed on May 1st. Click here to enter!  Kellys American Roadside Diner – Mountain Top Kelly’s of Mountain Top firmly believe in keeping suppliers local, which is why they are celebrating their partnership with Functional Foods based at Trio Foods Gortlee depot to give away this hamper.The hamper is chock-a-block with fantastic goods which will be perfect for families hosting special events including Holy Communions. This fantastic prize includes Full turkey crownBoned gammonPotato wedgesCocktail sausagesChicken fillet bitesCrispy cubesBuffalo chicken wingsChipsSelection of saucesMarble chocolate cheesecakeTiramisu gateauxVanilla ice creamCase of cokeRed & White wine And if you’re not the winner, you can still avail of the top-quality food supplied by Kelly’s. All food is available to order for your special day and is cooked and delivered from Kelly’s American Diner. A full catering menu available on www.kellysrestaurantlk.ieThe award winning complex at the Mountain Top is renowned for its unbeatable offers and is open from early until late daily. Some of the most notable awards recently include the “Best Family Restaurant 2016” Award.As well as offering amazing choice and value at Kelly’s American Diner, the Centra supermarket runs daily offers that just won’t be beaten.Visit http://www.kellysrestaurantlk.ie/ for opening hours and menus. Discover all the special offers at Kelly’s Centra here: https://www.facebook.com/kellys.centramountaintop/ Kelly’s American Diner presents incredible supplier focus giveaway! was last modified: April 25th, 2017 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:competitionfunctional foodsKelly’s American Roadside DinerKelly’s of Mountain Topletterkennytrio foodslast_img read more

first_imgMumbai, Nov 14 (PTI) Anand Kumar, best known for Sanjay Dutt-Vivek Oberoi starrer “Zila Ghaziabad”, is working on former India football captain Bhaichung Bhutia’s biopic.Bhutia joins the pantheon of sports personalities such as Milkha Singh, Paan Singh Tomar, Mary Kom, MS Dhoni and Sandeep Singh to be immortalised on celluloid through a biopic.Kumar has conceptualised the biopic, which will showcase the life of Bhutia. He is currently in the process of finalising a director and lead actor for the film.Bhutia is excited about the project and he believes the filmmaker is the right person to honour his journey.”I am honoured that people feel that my journey is worth capturing for the big screen. I am certain that Anand will do justice to my story.”I hail from a small town in Sikkim, but playing football for India wasn’t my only dream. I always wanted to own a professional football club and I realised that dream with United Sikkim (his football club),” Bhutia said in a statement here.He will be involved in all the creative aspects of the film, the footballer-turned-politician said.”I want the biopic to be as close to reality as possible. I was concerned about the writing process, but the moment I learnt that Anand has got Prashant Pandey (writer of ‘Sarkar’, ‘Poorna’ and ‘Raid’) on board, I was relieved,” Bhutia said.Kumar said the idea of making a film on football struck him during 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.”During the World Cup, I noticed that there has been a change in the sporting passion in India because a large section of India’s youth is now inclined towards football.advertisement”Young kids like the sport more than cricket. That’s why I wanted to make a film on football,” the director said.He added Bhutia’s story makes for a compelling film.”He has won the Padma Shri and has been a role model for many young Indians, who follow the game of football,” Kumar said.Besides Bhutia, biopics on sports legends such as PT Usha, Mithali Raj, Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu, Jhulan Goswami, Baloo Palwankar, Abhinav Bindra and Pullela Gopichand are also in the works. PTI KKP RDS RDSRDSlast_img read more

first_imgTouch Football Australia CEO Steve Mitchell was on hand at Wests Tigers this week to present the Club with the maiden Women’s NRL Touch Football Premiership trophy.Wests Tigers were presented the award after taking out the award after winning the Grand Final 4-2 over the Brisbane Broncos back in July — a brilliant first season for the club in the brand new competition.While they didn’t end the year with silverware, Wests Tigers Men’s team also produced a brilliant year — going down in a heartbreaking extra time finish to close out the NRL Touch Football Premiership.–for the whole article click here (as originally posted on www.westtigers.com.au)last_img

first_imgSouthampton boss Hasenhuttl wants to improve set piece goalscoringby Paul Vegas12 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveSouthampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl wants to improve their set piece record.Jannik Vestergaard is the only defender to have found the net this season with Maya Yoshida – who scored for Japan in international action on Thursday – having gone close on several occasions from James Ward-Prowse’s trademark deliveries.“I think we had a few chances in this season so far and for Maya as well who is always very close to score. I am really hoping that Maya gets the first one,” said Hasenhuttl before the international break.“With Prowsey we have a fantastic man who can bring the ball very good in the centre.“We were a little unlucky but we must be convinced we can decide games on set-pieces and this is something we are working on.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

first_imgohio state's ezekiel elliott receives the ed sullivan award.Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott was named the winner of the 2014 AAU James E. Sullivan Award, given to the nation’s top amateur athlete. Elliott, a rising junior tailback for the national champion Buckeyes, rushed for 1,878 yards and 18 touchdowns in 2014, including a stellar 246-yard, four-touchdown game in the national title contest against Oregon. One of six finalists for the award, Elliott accepted the award in person at the New York Athletic Club in Manhattan Sunday afternoon. ICYMI the winner of the 85th Annual #AAUSullivanAward is Ezekiel Elliott @EzekielElliott #topamateurathlete http://t.co/JJhjqWtGPV— AmateurAthleticUnion (@TheRealAAU) April 19, 2015Elliott praised the other finalists, praised his Ohio State team, and said “I’d like to thank my parents for pushing me to be …— Tim May (@TIM_MAYsports) April 19, 2015“… the person I am. … they push me for excellence.”— Tim May (@TIM_MAYsports) April 19, 2015The award’s other finalists included Olympic gold medalist Katie Ledecky and Duke’s Jahlil Okafor, among others.last_img read more

first_imgCalgary community television station Shaw TV will close effective Aug. 15, Shaw Communications announced Wednesday, though the cable giant pledged to demonstrate its commitment to local coverage by injecting funds into Global News instead.Local Shaw TV stations will also be closing in Vancouver and Edmonton, affecting 70 positions between the three cities, the company said. It declined to disclose how many of those job losses would take place in Calgary.The move is in response to the evolving news consumption habits of viewers, said Shaw spokesperson Chethan Lakshman. Increasing online competition and other economic factors have made the production of local news and stories more difficult, he said, while the ability of Canadians living in larger cities to access many more media sources has made the community channel less relevant in metropolitan areas. Login/Register With: Advertisement Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment center_img Twitter Advertisement Facebooklast_img read more

first_imgMADRID – A Spanish judge issued an international arrest warrant on Friday for former members of the Catalan Cabinet who were last seen in Brussels, including the ousted separatist leader Carles Puigdemont, who said he was prepared to run for his old job even while battling extradition in Belgium.The National Court judge filed the request with the Belgian prosecutor to detain Puigdemont and his four aides, and issued separate international search and arrest warrants to alert Interpol in case they flee Belgium.Puigdemont’s Belgian lawyer did not answer calls requesting comment, but has said that his client will fight extradition to Spain without seeking political asylum. Belgian federal prosecutors said they had received the arrest warrant and could question Puigdemont in coming days.“We will study it, and put it in the hands of an investigating judge,” spokesman Eric Van Der Sijpt told The Associated Press. “We are not in any hurry.”Puigdemont and the four others are being sought for five different crimes, including rebellion, sedition and embezzlement in a Spanish investigation into their roles in pushing for secession for Catalonia.The officials flew to Brussels after Spanish authorities removed Puigdemont and his Cabinet from office on Saturday for declaring independence for Catalonia. The Spanish government has also called an early regional election for Dec. 21.Puigdemont told Belgian state broadcaster that he was in Belgium “ready to be a candidate” in the early polls and because he had lost faith in the Spanish justice system.“We can run a campaign anywhere because we’re in a globalized world,” he told RTBF, adding that he was not in Belgium to “Belgianize Catalan politics.”“I did not flee, but it’s impossible to properly prepare” a legal defence while in Spain, he told the broadcaster.If Belgium acts on the international warrant issued by Spain and arrests him, Puigdemont would have to be brought before an investigating judge within 24 hours. His extradition procedure would take 15 days, Belgian legal experts say. But should Puigdemont appeal, that process could take a further 45 days, meaning that he would probably not leave Belgium before early January, well after the elections.In her decision on Friday, Judge Carmen Lamela said that Puigdemont “apparently is in Belgium” and accused him of “leading the mobilization of the pro-independence sectors of the population to act in support of the illegal referendum and thus the secession process outside the legal channels to reform the constitution.”Spain says the only legal way to achieve secession is by reforming Spain’s 1978 Constitution with an ample majority in the national parliament. The constitution says the country is “indivisible” and doesn’t allow regional votes on sovereignty.The arrest warrant came a day after the same judge jailed nine former members of Puigdemont’s separatist government. All members of the ousted Cabinet were ordered to appear at Spain’s National Court on Thursday to answer questions in a rebellion investigation. Five of them, including Puigdemont, didn’t show up.Spanish prosecutors want to charge members of the dismissed regional government —as well as six additional members of the regional parliament— for promoting official steps to declaring Catalonia’s independence.Meanwhile, a panel of National Court judges on Friday rejected an appeal seeking the release of two separatist activists who were jailed last month in a separate sedition investigation.A National Court spokesman said the president of the Assemblea Nacional Catalana, Jordi Sanchez, and Omnium Cultural leader Jordi Cuixart will remain in a Madrid jail while the investigation continues. The spokesman spoke on condition of anonymity in line with court policy.Sanchez and Cuixart are being investigated for allegedly orchestrating protests that hindered a judicial investigation to halt preparations for a banned independence referendum held on Oct. 1.Under Spain’s legal system, investigating judges can have suspects detained while a comprehensive probe, sometimes taking months, determines if they should be charged.Spanish government spokesman Inigo Mendez de Vigo deflected questions by the media regarding the jailing of the Catalan officials. The separation of powers meant that the government’s focus was on preparing for the early election it called for Catalonia, Mendez de Vigo said.“What the government guarantees is that there will be elections where the parties that want to run can present their programs, and we hope that the election can end this period of uncertainty and the deterioration of harmonious coexistence in Catalonia,” he said.One of the nine jailed Catalan officials, ex-regional minister for business Santi Vila, posted bail of 50,000 euros ($58,000) and was released from custody on Friday. His passport was confiscated and Vila needs to show up in court regularly as the rebellion, sedition and embezzlement probe continues.The other eight were held without having bail set.“I ask for all political parties across Spain, appealing to their democratic values, to put an end to this terrible situation that has put politicians in prison,” Vila said as he left the Estremera prison near Madrid.Vila resigned in protest a day before Catalonia’s parliament voted in favour of the independence declaration. He has said he wants to lead the centre-right separatist Democratic Party of Catalonia in the upcoming election on a moderate platform.Puigdemont and his Cabinet were removed by Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy, who used extraordinary constitutional authority authorized by the Spanish Senate to depose the separatists, dissolve the regional legislature and call the early regional election.Spain’s Supreme Court is also investigating six members of Catalonia’s parliament. The court postponed a hearing Thursday until next week to allow more time for them to prepare their defences in the case.In all, Spanish prosecutors are investigating 20 regional politicians for rebellion and other crimes that would be punishable by up to 30 years in prison.___Cook reported from Brussels. Associated Press writer Joseph Wilson in Barcelona contributed to this report.___Find complete AP coverage of Catalonia here: https://apnews.com/tag/Spainlast_img read more