ABS-CBN president and CEO Carlo Katigbak on Monday apologized to President Rodrigo Duterte over a 2016 election advertisement that showed the latter cursing and several children asking if his actions were right. ABS-CBN NEWS/PCOO ABS-CBN President and CEO Carlo Katigbaksaid during a Senate panel inquiry the network has failed to air about P7-millionin local ads ordered by then presidential candidate Duterte. “The critical move is in the House and Itell you, I am not going to interfere. Walatalaga ako,” he added. “Huwagna. Ibigay na lang nila sa any charitable institution of their choice,” theChief Executive said. House of Representatives Speaker AlanPeter Cayetano has said that the ABS-CBN franchise renewal bills are not urgentand may be taken up in May when Congress resumes session after the summerbreak./ PN “But fundamentally, really, ang decision nasa House ngayon, not somuch of the Senate because the Constitution says all of these things mustoriginate from the Lower House,” he said. He also said then that around P4 millionwas refunded and accepted by the Duterte camp, but that the network was“delayed” in giving back the remaining P2.6 million in ad money and the amount“was no longer accepted by the President.” Meanwhile, President Duterte said that,while he accepts the apology of Katigbak, the fate of the network’s franchisewould still depend on Congress. He previously threatened to block the renewalof ABS-CBN’s license to operate which expires in May. Katigbak explained that all of Duterte’snational political ads in the 2016 were aired but some of his local ads worthP7 million could not be accommodated due to a “first-come, first servedpolicy.” MANILA – ABS-CBN will be donating theP2.6-million refund that the network was supposed to pay to President RodrigoDuterte for unaired political advertisements during the 2016 elections. This after Duterte told the broadcastgiant on Wednesday to just give his refund to any charitable institutions.