SPURS boss Mauricio Pochettino suffered Carabao Cup humiliation at League Two Colchester after Lucas Moura’s horror penalty.Tottenham stars Christian Eriksen and Moura, whose effort hit the bar, missed in the shootout.1 Mauricio Pochettino saw Spurs suffer a shock defeat in the Carabao CupCredit: ReutersAnd U’s midfielder Tom Lapslie sealed a shock third-round triumph from 12 yards.Lapslie’s spot-kick sparked a pitch invasion as Colchester, who also beat Crystal Palace on pens in the previous round, enjoyed another glory night.And gutted Pochettino admitted he was “disappointed” not to get the job done in 90 minutes – but hailed the fired-up U’s.He said: “Colchester made a fantastic game, it was difficult.”We are so disappointed we could not score in 90 minutes.”They beat Palace on penalties too, that can happen. That’s the beauty of the competition, always something can happen.”We wanted to go further but we are out.”Delighted Colchester boss John McGreal admitted he was confident after watching his side come through a similar situation against Palace.THROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’NEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticREF RELEASEDChampions League ref Vincic released by cops after arrest in prostitution raidKEANE DEALEx Man United youth ace David Jones says Roy Keane negotiated a contract for himREF RAIDChampions League ref Vincic ‘arrested in raid into drugs and prostitution ring’STIR IT UPBohemians post cryptic response to FIFA promoting a jersey with Bob Marley on itHe added: “We are absolutely delighted, that was tough work. We had the crowd on board and the penalties are a lottery as we all know.”I was really confident when Tom Lapslie stepped up, we had been there before in the last round.“We got the run around a bit, we had to defend well but the more we got on the ball the more threat we became.”Colchester fans storm onto pitch as they beat Spurs 4-3 on penalties in shock win
– threatens disclosure of delinquent taxpayersThe Georgetown Mayor and City Council (M&CC) is threatening to publish the names of those delinquent companies and individuals with outstanding tax payments to the Council.In a statement on Thursday, the M&CC expressed its concern that several businesses within the capital city continues to disregard their civic obligation to ensure the payment of their property taxes.Despite the Council recently winning some $300 million in judgement against some businesses for failing to honour their responsibilities, the Council said it was still experiencing immense difficulty in getting property owners to pay their dues to the Georgetown municipality.“Council is owed more than $2 billion in property taxes,” the statement revealed.M&CC Public Relations Officer Debra Lewis explained that this sum has accumulated over long periods of time since persons have blatantly disregarded the law.“The Council intends to pursue all legal options available to the municipality through the Municipal and District Councils Act, Chapter 28:01,” she stated, adding that this would include “parate execution”, which is a debt recovery process under the law. This procedure is special to banks as it allows the resale of property mortgaged to the bank. The mortgage is organised without going through court proceedings and the institution itself is given the power to hold an auction for the sale of the property by the appointed auctioneer.According to Lewis, “some businesses have seemingly divorced themselves from their obligations and it is highly regrettable that it must reach to this stage.”Moreover, the Council said it was also working feverishly to have proper valuation and re-valuations so that the sums property owners pay reflect the true value of their property.The Valuation Department under the direction of the Finance Ministry has oversight for these valuations of properties. It is noticed, however, that even when properties are sent to the office for valuation or revaluation from the Treasurer’s Department, “they are subjected to certain delays”. The last valuation of properties in the city was done in 1997.The M&CC has long been battling with taxpayers who default on paying their rates and taxes with some property owners owing hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Council revealed in September last year that about 300 businesses were in default.In light of this dilemma, the Georgetown M&CC offered delinquent taxpayers waivers on interest through a one-month amnesty exercise. This programme saw residential property owners receiving total amnesty on interest, while companies and businesses had to apply to the Council for between 50 per cent and 75 per cent amnesty on interest.A special committee was appointed by the Council to oversee the affairs of the amnesty project.
Patrick McCaffrey & Sons Ltd are a Civil Engineering and Road Surfacing Contractor and Quarry owner based in South Donegal. The Company undertake Road Resurfacing and Minor Civil Engineering works for both public and private customers.The Company are currently seeking applications from suitable candidates for the position of Civil Engineer/ Health and Safety Manager. The ideal candidate will hold a recognised degree in Civil Engineering and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the construction/road making industry, while a qualification in occupational Health and Safety will also be beneficial.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Preparation of prequalification questionnaires for Public WorksHealth and Safety Management for site works and quarry works. Maintenance of Safe T Certification.Site Supervision and quality management.Setting out and level control to permit tolerances.Design and implementation/monitoring of Temporary Traffic Management including the production of TM Plans and Health and Safety Documentation.Procurement of and management/supervision of Subcontrators.Materials testing (lab and site-based testing) including supervision of Technician.Compilation of measures and preparation of invoices for works completed.Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project a benefit.Full driving licence also a benefit. Excellent package including on the job training and CPD provided for the right candidate.To Apply:Applications for the attention of Hugh Morrow email firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Vacancy: Civil Engineer/Health and Safety Manager required was last modified: November 13th, 2018 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Civil Engineerdonegal town jobsHealth and Safety ManagerPatrick McCaffrey & Sons Ltd
1 Henri Saivet: The Frenchman has failed to make an impact in six months on Tyneside Marseille want to tie up a deal for Newcastle midfielder Henri Saivet in the coming days.The 25-year-old has reportedly been told he can leave St. James’ Park this summer – despite only joining from Bordeaux for £5m in January.Marseille are particularly keen on the Senegal international and his agent has informed them he would be open to a move.The French club are now ready to make a loan offer for Saivet and, according to La Provence, they want a done deal before their first game of the Ligue 1 season on August 14.Marseille have been hit by a number of departures this summer and they are desperate to get players in before the big kick-off.Newcastle appear happy to sanction the loan move and will allow the player to leave permanently at the end of the spell – if they can recoup the money they parted with to sign him six months ago.Marseille have already signed two players from the Magpies this summer – Florian Thauvin (loan) and Remy Cabella, who made his Stade Velodrome stay permanent.
Redding >> The Red Bluff High football team is beginning to perfect many different ways to score with a number of its play makers. The heros on Friday night were senior quarterback Marshal Brose hooking up with junior Logan Robertson, as the two would make the game-winning 19-yard scoring strike on a fade in the back corner of the end zone to lift Red Bluff to the 39-36 victory over Lassen in the Northern Athletic League opener for both teams Friday night at Shasta’s Thompson Field. Red Bluff …
Braai Day patron Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu and Jan Scannell, the founder of the Braai Day initiative, duringthe 2009 event. Jan Scannell, also known as Jan Braai,successfully tackles the Guinness record for the world’s longest-running braai in September 2010. (Images: Braai4Heritage) MEDIA CONTACTS • Jan ScannellBraai4Heritage RELATED ARTICLES • Heritage Day to celebrate World Cup • The Arch turns 77 • outh African food • Craft celebrated on Heritage Day• Cape Town launches meat-free dayNicky RehbockSouth Africans are hauling out their firewood and readying their tongs for the sixth annual National Braai Day, a lip-smacking occasion on 24 September 2010 that coincides with Heritage Day.The braai (Afrikaans, meaning barbeque) is an institution in South Africa and cuts across all colours, creeds and culture. This makes it the ideal unifier to be celebrated in context of the country’s diversity of food, language, music and craft.Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu is the patron of this fiery initiative, which was introduced in 2005 by braai devotee Jan Scannell, also known as Jan Braai on his campaign website, Braai4Heritage.“I call on all of us to braai for Heritage Day,” Tutu said at a Braai4Heritage promotion on 20 August. “Let’s get together and enjoy ourselves, with friends, families and even those who are not friends.”The Nobel Peace laureate said the fireside was a traditional gathering place in Africa and that anything, from meat to vegetables, could be put on a braai.“The important thing is that all of us get together on one day and just enjoy being South African,” he said.“It’s braai in isiXhosa, it’s braai in Afrikaans, it’s braai in English … and it has a fantastic potential to bind us together.”The 78-year-old Tutu, known affectionately as the Arch, will officially retire from public life in October, but will remain the braai patron – a position he took up in 2007.“You can resign from an office job, but you can never resign from being a braaier,” Scannell told him at the August event.Record-burning featThis year’s holiday is particularly special in light of Scannell’s recent achievement of breaking the world record for the longest braai. The meaty record was previously held by Germany, for a 28-hour, 26-minute barbeque session.After smashing this by four minutes on 17 September, Scannell said he was delighted that the record was now in its rightful home, “where it belongs”.“But the important thing is not to hold a record. The important thing is that 50-million people braai on 24 September,” he said afterwards.Some 2 000 pieces of Rooikrantz wood – an alien tree, therefore suitable for burning,which makes a good fire – were bought for the non-stop mega braai, which was held at Cape Town’s V&A Waterfront between 9am on Thursday and 1.30pm on Friday afternoon.It had to comply with some pretty stringent Guinness World Record guidelines, including the requirement of at least five different types of meat on the grid at all times, and all of it had to be eaten.Just to be on the safe side, Scannell kept six variations going throughout – not difficult as South Africans are ingenious when it comes to meat on the coals.According to the V&A management, the braaied meat could not be given away – “so we had to sell it at a nominal price”, he said, adding that the funds raised went to the JAG Sports and Education Foundation.When South Africans braai, like at this historic event, the nation is able to “get together, burn the past and cook up a succulent future”, Scannell writes on his website.Media contacts: Jan Scannell email@example.com
A five-year-old boy who accidentally fell into an open borewell in a village in Satara district in Western Maharashtra died in the wee hours of Tuesday despite frenetic efforts to rescue him.Mangesh Jadhav, the son of farm labourers from Virali village in Satara’s Maan tehsil, slipped into the borewell while playing on Monday afternoon.Following this, local administration officials, along with medical and fire brigade teams, police personnel and members of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) immediately launched an operation to rescue the boy.However, by the time they pulled the child out at around 2 a.m. today morning, the boy had passed away.“The child was pulled out at early morning from a depth of nearly 20 feet… his face was covered with mud and soil. He probably died of suffocation,” said assistant police inspector Malojirao Deshmukh of the Mhaswad police station.Officials from the NDRF rescue team said that by the time the jawans reached the spot late Monday evening, a lot of mud had gone inside the hole as agitated people from the village too were making frantic efforts to rescue the child.A case of accidental death has been registered and further investigations are on.
The Union government has approved the long-pending cadre review in the Army for Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) and Other Ranks (OR), which will improve promotion opportunities.“This is the third cadre review since Independence. It will benefit over 1.45 lakh JCOs and ORs. At present, more and more jawans retire in the same rank,” a Defence Ministry source said.The first cadre review was done in 1979 and the second in 1984.While the strength of JCOs and ORs remains the same, at 11,49,754, the review will result in the promotion of over 1.45 lakh men in various ranks.It will done over five years: 30% in 2018; 20% each in 2019, 2020 and 2021 and 10% in 2022 in each rank, the government notification sated.Nearly 60,000 soldiers retire from the Army every year, most of them as jawans at a young age of 30.
Indian shooters Heena Sidhu and Annu Raj Singh failed to qualify for the women’s 10m air pistol finals at the 2012 Olympics on Sunday.Heena finished at 12th with 382 points while Annu Raj was 23rd with 378 at the Royal Artillery Barracks. A top eight finish would have taken them into the finals.A series of nines towards the end of the final round saw Heena end just three less than Russia’s Liubov Yaskevich, who totalled 385.Heena began the final round with five consecutive 10s, putting her in prime position for a place in the final. But a string of 9s in the next five shots meant she could only finish 12th.Annu Raj ended with a paltry 91 in the final round when she needed a near perfect round to make the final. She did not have a good start scoring 94 in the first round but stormed into contention with 96 and 97 in the next two rounds.
“That is my comeback fight. It is 12 weeks this Saturday. I am in prime physical condition. I have agreed the date with the company,” McGregor said, adding that he knows his opponent’s name but won’t reveal it. “If I was to give you people the name, which I would love to do, I know the UFC would flip it because they are a crafty company.”The 31-year-old McGregor hasn’t fought since losing by submission to Khabib Nurmagomedov in October 2018. He was banned for six months and fined $50,000 for his part in a post-fight brawl.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGreatest ever?SPORTSFormer PBA import Anthony Grundy passes away at 40SPORTSSan Miguel suspends Santos, Nabong, Tubid indefinitely after ‘tussle’ in practiceMcGregor said he is targeting two more fights, including a rematch with Nurmagomedov in Moscow. He also aimed a string of insults at the Russian fighter.After the Jan. 18 fight, McGregor said he would then like to fight the winner of the Nov. 3 bout between Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal, followed by either Nurmagomedov or Tony Ferguson. Duterte calls himself, Go, Cayetano ‘the brightest stars’ in PH politics UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) fighter Conor McGregor gestures during a news conference in Moscow, Russia, Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019. McGregor announced that he will fight an undisclosed opponent with the event expected to happen in Las Vegas, USA, in January 2020. (AP Photo/Pavel Golovkin)MOSCOW — Conor McGregor will return to mixed martial arts in January with a UFC fight in Las Vegas.The Irish fighter said Thursday he will return “fully focused” on Jan. 18 at the T-Mobile Arena.ADVERTISEMENT Matteo Guidicelli had saved up for Sarah G’s ring since 2014? Edward Kelly, Ramon Gonzales see action in ONE Beijing card Canadian vaping study details danger from ‘popcorn lung’ chemical Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next DTI creates Marahuyo, a luxe Filipino fashion brand for global buyers Becoming his own man Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. UFC: McGregor set for Nurmagomedov showdown PLAY LIST 01:52UFC: McGregor set for Nurmagomedov showdown00:50Trending Articles02:16Duque: It’s up to Palace to decide on Dengvaxia’s fate02:11Makabayan bloc defends protesting workers, tells Año to ‘shut up’03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games01:38‘Bato’ to be ‘most effective’ CHR head? It’s for public to decide – Gascon02:07Aquino to Filipinos: Stand up vs abuses before you suffer De Lima’s ordeal01:28Ex-President Noynoy Aquino admits contracting pneumonia00:45Aquino agrees with Drilon on SEA games ‘kaldero’ spending issue MOST READ View comments Ethel Booba on SEA Games cauldron: ‘Sulit kung corrupt ang panggatong’ “I’m going to go through the entire roster like a chain saw through butter,” he said.McGregor’s return comes as he faces more legal issues. He is facing an assault charge in Ireland over an incident in which he appeared to punch a man in a bar.He said he is planning to abstain from alcohol and late nights in the run-up to his next fight.“I am focused here,” McGregor said. “I am structured now.”ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Someone from the Philippines could win a $208 million jackpot this week! This jewelry designer is also an architect