AGRA: On Tuesday in Firozabad, two siblings — aged 5 and 3 had died and 14 other children have been hospitalised after they consumed contaminated water supplied by municipal authorities. The deceased have been identified as Vicky and his younger sister Lakshmi, they had died on their way to an Agra-based hospital. The condition of the hospitalised children is also said to be critical. Also Read – Ratul Puri’s ED custody extended by 4 more days Advertise With Us In the district, it was claimed by the residents of Anand Nagar, the deaths were caused by the failure of the civic body to repair the damaged drinking water pipeline that has been leaking for nearly three weeks. The district administration had rushed a team of doctors to Anand Nagar and have set up camp to examine the residents. Necessary assistance has been assured by the District Magistrate Chandra Vijay Singh and mayor Nutan Rathore, who visited the children in the hospital. Also Read – Inter-departmental coordination can help win fight against malnutrition: UP CM Yogi Adityanath Advertise With Us The DM said, “We have launched an inquiry into why non-potable water was supplied to the area. The hospital authorities have been asked to provide all necessary help to the victims.” “A total of 113 people were checked in the medical camp, out of which 14 were immediately admitted to a hospital. Similarly, 13 other children complained of vomiting and diarrhoea. The water supplied to Anand Nagar residents is not fit to drink as it has a foul smell and is dark in colour. We have provided chlorine tablets to all households in the area and warned residents to be cautious,” said Firozabad assistant chief medical officer Dr Vinod Kumar. “Vicky and Lakshmi died after they consumed contaminated water. They had vomiting and diarrhoea,” he added.